Prison Mindfulness Institute (PMI) Path of Freedom Facilitator Certification Requirements
The PMI Path of Freedom Facilitator Certification requires and includes approximately 100 hours of additional online training and practice teaching including:
- Complete all the requirements for Level I EMI Mindfulness Facilitator Certification (or *see below).
- Complete six-week online Path of Freedom facilitator course with passing grades on all tests (past participants can retake the tests to achieve passing grades for this requirement).
- Receive a positive evaluation and written recommendation from a senior PMI Path of Freedom trainer.
- Complete 50 hours of documented and supervised Path of Freedom facilitation (supervised by an approved Path of Freedom facilitator mentor)
- Submit 5-hours of videotape documentation of facilitating a Path of Freedom course.
- Final phone/skype interview with Path of Freedom facilitator Certification Committee after all other requirements are satisfied.
Note: The PMI Certification Committee reserves the right to ask any participant to complete further training and/or practice teaching prior to granting Path of Freedom Facilitator certification.
*For this requirement we also count comparable programs such as the UMass MBSR Certification, UCLA MARC Certification, Spirit Rock Mindfulness Teacher Training or Shambhala International MI training.
PMI Certified POF Facilitators
- Kate Crisp (senior teacher & trainer)
- Rebecca Foster*
- Fleet Maull (senior teacher & trainer)
- Richard Sylvester (lead facilitator & mentor)
- Mark O’Leary
- Buck Reidy
- Gary Schapiro
- Nealy Zimmerman
- Barbara George
- Doug McCanne
- John MacAdams
- Mike Brady *
- Mark Genco*
- Dorothy Renner*
- Joshua Weinstein*