Prison Mindfulness Institute (including Prison Dharma Network, Engaged Mindfulness Institute, Center for Mindfulness in Public Safety, Center for Mindfulness in Corrections, Mindful Justice Initiative, henceforth referred to as “PMI” or “We”)
- What data/information we collect
- How it is collected
- How we may use it, including in advertising and marketing
- How it may be shared
- How we maintain your privacy and security, and how you may opt-out of particular services and data collection
Information We May Collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Data submitted by you, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, billing information, and other personal/demographic information. This data may be collected through the website(s) contact form, email correspondence, program applications, mailing list signup, survey or online form, fundraising appeals, etc.
- Web page analytics and usage information, such as web page activity, links clicked, and videos watched. This data may be collected through Google Analytics or other third-party services.
Cookies improve your experience on our website(s). If you disable cookies you may find that certain sections of our website(s) do not work like they are supposed to.
You can control, disable, and delete cookies on your computer through the options provided by your web browser. You can also opt-out of third party cookies here: aboutads.info/choices
Our website(s) may include message boards, forums, chat functionality, profile pages, and blogs to which you are able to post information and materials (collectively referred to as the “Forums”). Please note that any information you disclose through the Forums may be available to visitors to the website(s) and to the general public. Please exercise discretion and caution while using the Forums. We are not responsible for the use of any information you disclose through your use of the Forums.
We use third-party payment services (such as PayPal and Network for Good) to process credit card payments. When you provide credit card information online for one of our programs, services, or donation, that information is sent directly to the payment service. We do not have access to your full credit card number and do not store that information.
How We May Use Your Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To deliver services and fulfill your requests.
- To provide customer support.
- To communicate with you and send you information and updates about our programs, services, and promotions.
- To contact you and send you emails that may be of interest to you.
- To infer whether you are a good candidate for our programs and services.
- To improve our websites, programs, and services.
Advertising & Marketing
We use Google Analytics’s third-party audience data such as age, gender, and interests to better understanding the behavior of our customers and provide advertising targeted to suit their interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information they have collected from your online traffic. These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Google Analytics and other similar services also track traffic and clicks on our website. These data are not personally identified and allow us to analyze and improve our website(s) and services.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
You may edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences.
Most emails sent for marketing purposes and mass distribution are sent via a third-party service, such as MailChimp. We may use tracking pixels and other technologies to track when emails have been opened and which links in an email have been clicked. This helps us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and provide you with more targeted information.
If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, you can click unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
How Your Information May Be Shared
We may share your information in the following ways:
- With third-party service providers we use to support our business. These parties include third parties providing us with services such as website hosting, data analysis, web advertisements, online forms and surveys, digital file management and cloud services, IT services, social media, payment processing, email delivery, and other services. These third parties are authorized to use information only to the extent necessary to provide these services to us.
- To comply with any law or directive, judicial or administrative order, legal process or investigation, warrant, subpoena, law enforcement or national security investigation, or as otherwise required or authorized by law; to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside the country of residence; to enforce our policies, terms and conditions; to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, customers, partners, agents or others; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, customers, partners, agents and any other person or organization; and/or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We do not share your data or information with third parties for their marketing, advertising, promotions, contests or other similar purposes.
How We Maintain Your Privacy and Security
We use organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. However, no data transmitted over the internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect information you transmit to us on or through the website(s) and third-party services we use, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit.
We may retain information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide our programs/services, or as needed for other lawful purposes. We may retain cached or archived copies of information. We may retain anonymized or pseudonymized aggregated data indefinitely. We also will retain information as long as reasonably necessary for accounting/billing/tax purposes or to comply with our contractual and/or legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Effective: May 25, 2018