Specific Learning Outcomes for “Path of Freedom”
You will be able to:
1) Practice basic mindfulness meditation and integrate mindfulness into your work with clients, in the form of increased capacity for presence, focus, listening, insight and compassion.
2) Develop more understanding about how mindfulness-based skills and practices support self-regulation and stress-management.
3) Identify negative habits and limiting core beliefs that hinder positive change.
4) Develop understanding about: a) emotional literacy, b) how to identify and avoid emotional triggers, c) methods for emotion regulation.
5) Understand Karpman’s Drama Triangle (Victim, Persecutor and Rescuer) and strategies for staying off the Drama Triangle and preventing and managing negative drama.
6) Differentiate accountability and ownership from blame, and demonstrate how responsibility and accountability lead to self-empowerment.
7) Comprehend how mindfulness and somatic awareness can be used as a means for avoiding and/or diffusing conflict.
8) Understand the transformative power of listening in relationship, and learn simple tools for skillful and empathic communication.
9) Define obstacles to forgiveness — blame, grievance stories, unrealistic expectations — and realize the value of letting go past grievances.
10) Comprehend strategies for integrating mindfulness into daily life activities.